Marijuana For Inflammation: Best Anti-Inflammatory Weed Strains
Many diseases and illnesses can cause inflammation. Inflammation is defined as a process by which the white blood cells of the body protect you from infection from outside invaders like viruses and bacteria. Also, some immune diseases can cause inflammation, which can cause damage to the tissues of the body.
Inflammation is the process of the body to fight against something that wants to harm it. For instance, infections, injuries and toxins can trigger an immune response that cause inflammation. For centuries, marijuana has been used to treat inflammation. Cannabinoids are the same as endocannabinoids naturally produced in the endocannabinoid system.
Listed below are some of the best anti-inflammatory weed strains.
- Cannatonic. Rich in CBD, this strain is a 1:1 CBD and THC marijuana strain, which makes it a unique strain. Cannatonic is a strain developed in Spain and is a cross of NYC Diesel and Reina Madre. This strain is great for beginners because its CBD content can reduce psychosis and paranoid brought by THC.
- Harlequin. This is a marijuana strain that is rich in CBD and is also an excellent choice for weed beginners. Dominantly sativa, this has a 5:2 CBD/THC ratio. Both CBD and THC are cannabinoids that reduce inflammation and pain. In fact, CBD has been used in contact sports to reduce muscle soreness and joint inflammation. Harlequin is a great strain for arthritis treatment. Also, because of its high CBD content, you will less likely experience THC-derived paranoia.
- CBD OG.An ideal cannabis strain to reduce inflammation, CBD OG has a 2:1 CBD/THC ratio. It averages 10 percent CBD and is a great medical cannabis strain. If you want to get high, this is not a good choice because of its low THC content. However, this is an excellent strain for people with low tolerance to THC.
- ACDC. Another cannabis strain that is excellent for inflammation, ACDC is rich in CBD and is very popular for medical uses, particularly in getting relief from chronic pain. Many marijuana users claim that ACDC is useful in fighting nerve pain.
- Tangie Sunrise. This is a strain that gives its user a happy and uplifting effect. Tangie Sunrise has a relatively high THC content at 16 percent and is good in combating inflammation as well as fatigue, stress and depression. This strain is a cross between Orange Crush and Jack Herer.
- Girl Scout Cookies. Otherwise known as GSC, this strain is rich in THC with 19 percent. Just like most strains on this list, Girl Scout Cookies is a member of the Kush family. It is a hybrid between the Durban Poison and the OG Kush, and is very effective in the treatment of chronic inflammation, among many other health issues.
- The Gift. This strain is also called RG8, and has high levels of CBD and very low THC. This is a good choice for cannabis users who want to relax and get relief from inflammation minus the psychoactive and euphoric effects caused by THC. The Gift is recommended for those who want anti-inflammatory effects without having to worry about psychosis and paranoia. Also, this strain is recommended for the treatment of insomnia and arthritis.
There are still ongoing studies on the relationship of marijuana to pain management and inflammation reduction. However, preliminary studies have shown some promise: putting marijuana in the center of trials and medical studies. As we get more information about it, those who are interested with using weed for inflammation can use the list above as guidance. Rich with terpenes, cannabinoids and a combination of both, you can get a big difference in experience and results.
Also read : Skin Benefits Of CBD Oil