Potential Health Benefits of Cannabis for Adults
Cannabis is historic and multidimension plant that has always remained controversial, even when we are seeing a growing number of countries and states legalizing its use. We are also seeing studies further looking into this amazing plant’s components and discovering the benefits it has to offer humans. Its usefulness and versatility have propelled this amazing plant into all kinds of products and industries, especially in the medical field.
There is a lot of science behind marijuana but, simply put, cannabis is made up of over 120 components, also known as cannabinoids. THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) and CBD (cannabidiol) are two of the most well-known and researched cannabinoids. THC is responsible for the high that people usually associate with marijuana, while CBD is a non-euphoric, non-intoxicating component. You might have seen CBD in the form of oils, drinks, gummies and other products for medical purposes.
There is no doubt that CBD has grown popular in the recent years, generating a whole new industry. Although researchers are still working to understand how to CBD can be effectively used for medical purposes, we are already seeing lots of promising results. Listed below are some of the potential benefits of cannabis for adults.
- Lower blood pressure A study in 2017 found that CBD lowered the blood pressure of the human subjects. Cannabis was able to reduce their resting blood pressure and their blood pressure following stress tests including cold pressor test, mental arithmetic and isometric exercise.
- Reduce inflammation. CBD has shown to help decrease inflammation as well as the neuropathic pain it causes. Users have reported that it helped them deal with arthritis and other inflammatory health conditions.
- Prevent relapse in alcohol and drug addiction. One study in 2018 discovered that CBD is useful in helping people suffering from alcohol and drug addiction. A trial with lab rants showed that CBD decreased stress-induced cravings, lack of impulse control and anxiety that usually cause people to relapse.
- Treat anxiety disorders. Anxiety is one of the most common issue that people use CBD for. A preclinical study found that CBD can be effective in treating generalized panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, anxiety disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Treat gastrointestinal disorders. A study found that CBD and other non-psychoactive cannabinoids is effective in preventing and treating gastrointestinal disorders like ulcerative colitis, irritable bowel syndrome, irritable bowel disease and more. The anti-inflammatory properties of CBD are crucial in preventing and reducing symptoms.
- Prevent seizures. Years of studies have been spent on seeing how CBD can treat epilepsy and other seizure syndromes. Recent research has shown that it can have positive effects in decreasing the frequency and symptoms of seizures.
- Fight cancer. Aside from helping alleviate the unpleasant effects of chemotherapy, studies have also shown that CBD can prevent cell growth and even induce cell death in cervical cancer cell lines. It also has many anti-cancer effects that can help prevent various cancers, treat tumors and strengthen the immune system.
Beyond these benefits, there are still a lot more being tested and researched. If you are looking to add cannabis into your daily routine, consult a doctor first. It helps to get their go signal to make sure that marijuana will not have any negative interactions with any medications you are currently taking.
It is also important to consume high quality cannabis products. There are lots of online dispensaries where you can easily get stash delivered right at your door, but do your due diligence first in ensuring that you are buying from a company that live up to their promises of selling high quality cannabis products.